Slate is often considered the king of all roofing materials. Few can match its classic look, durability, superior wind tear off resistance and fire resistant properties. Made from composite rock, slate shingles are amongst the toughest roofing materials available. Although it may seem like an expensive choice initially, your slate roof will pay for itself in terms of appearance and longevity as it is often referred to as the “100-year tile”.
Slate tiles are a popular choice for many heritage buildings. Commercial buildings and Residential homes can also benefit from the superior quality and appearance. Many sizes, colours and varieties of slate are available and should be installed by roofers having expertise with this specialized material.
The Advantages Of A Slate Roof:
- Available in a variety of sizes, natural colors and thicknesses enabling you to closely match your architectural and design requirements
- Proven to withstand all kinds of weather
- Typically not susceptible to mould or fungus
- Slate shingles may be recycled in the event of roof repair or replacement work
- Environmentally friendly option
Some important points about slate roof installation:
- Since slate is much heavier than standard shingles, your roof may need reinforcement to carry the extra weight.
- Ask to see the many available colours and patterns – keep in mind that copper metal work goes well with slate.
- Make sure the slate tiles are installed with copper or stainless steel nails that resist corrosion.
- If you need a slate roof restoration, but are concerned about the cost, ask about a ‘progressive restoration’ which involves doing one slope per year or replacing individually damaged or cracked slates.
- Copper, leaded copper or stainless steel are the preferred metals used when completing slating works.
If you are experiencing some type of leak or ineffective drainage with your roofing, it could be time for repairs or full replacement. Call the roof repair and replacement specialists from Wolff Roofing in Leduc at (780) 966 6050 today for a no-obligation quote.
Wolff Roofing is Leduc's best roofing company. We install, repair, and maintain a variety of roofing types.
Whether it's metal, rubber, asphalt, shingle, clay, tile, shake, or slate roofing we're experienced and get the job done right.
Also see us for eavestrough repair, or aluminum and vinyl siding work.
We proudly serve the communities of Leduc, Devon, Calmar, Wetaskiwin, New Serepta, Thorsby, Millet and surrounding areas.